Face recognition technology is indeed the most appreciable application of biometrics, as it offers significant improvement over existing security products.
Features of Face Recognition Products
- Face recognition products captures the key-metrics of a face, including jaw length, nose length and others, rather than capturing the exact face mage.
- These products are blessed with short processing time to deliver faster results.
- Products based upon face recognition technology offer high detection rate.
- By working secretly, these devices don’t essentially require a person to be informed about his or her face identity being concealed.
- High graphics and video support are other dependable features of these devices.
- Feature extraction of different faces is done on the basis of traits, which don’t change with time, for example, the distance between two eyes.
- Image sensors and huge database space to store multiple face templates are other worthy features of devices utilizing biometric face recognition.
- These products warn against the presence of criminals in the premises by issuing an alarm or audible warnings.
Applications of Face Recognition Products
- Security agencies make use of face recognition products to catch suspects on the basis of their facial identity.
- Law enforcement bodies also use these products to catch criminals on run.
- Airline industry is another field, where these products are installed to avoid hijacking and other criminal activities.
- Banks and government offices also use face recognition technology to restrict undesirable happenings.
Advantages of Face Recognition Products
- Face recognition products offer low-cost high-profile security and that too, without hindering the normal working of an organization.
- These products are of great use in congested areas, where it becomes difficult to keep an eye on every individual.
- Easy to integrate with present security system, these products can perform well in internal as well as external environments.
- Can also be used for visitor tracking to help in investigation at the site of crime.
Biometric face recognition has helped to put a full stop on the rumours surrounding efficacy of biometric products. The products used in this direction have already impressed small organizations as well as high-level intelligence agencies to grab most desirable security level.